K2 Paranormal research
Kelly Shaffer and Team
So you think you want to be a paranormal investigator?éger
WE TAKE INVESTIGATION SERIOUSLYK2 Paranormal Research is not your average paranormal investigation group. We meet regularly and conduct investigations in a very rigorous manner. Some people would say what we do is a lot like work. If you are looking for cheap thrills K2 Paranormal Research is not the group for you. To be a member of K2 Paranormal Research you need to be dedicated to paranormal investigation, want to learn as much about the field as possible, and have a lot of free time.
Communication is key. When there are active investigations, emails, texts, and FB messages may be sent out daily – at other times, I’ll email the team with updates on what investigations we’re working on. Prompt communication is paramount to meet our clients’ expectations. K2 Paranormal Research is an established group with many high-profile cases in the Middle Tennessee and surrounding areas. We are only interested in dedicated, available, passionate investigators. If you feel you fit these criteria, please fill out the application below. I will contact you shortly after I receives your application to speak with you about the group.
Please review the information below. While lengthy, the content will help you determine if K2 Paranormal Research would be a good fit for you personally.
Kelly ShafferFounder – K2 Paranormal Research Paranormalinfo@k2pn.com
Team Member Expectations• Investigating with our team will sometimes mean a large contribution of your time. We typically investigate on Friday or Saturday nights, which can take from 3pm until 3am, or even later depending upon the distance and size of the location being investigated. However, what many new investigators don’t realize is the time commitment following the investigation. For every video camera and audio recorder used, you will need the same amount of time on the recording to set aside to review the material. For example, if you are responsible for reviewing two cameras and two audio recorders from a five-hour investigation, that’s 20 hours of review that will need to be done. This is time that you will need to be free of distractions, which can be difficult around an active family life. Please ensure that you’ve not only considered this but have also discussed it with your family and loved ones. Further, the review of your material will need to be thorough and complete. We have clients who are often fearful, and who are eager to hear complete results of our investigation. We are not serving clients well if we are not giving them our complete effort. This is the primary reason we insist upon quick and thorough review of all investigative data.
• Investigating can be expensive! Our team members are volunteers, rather than paid employees. So, the costs incurred as a member will be yours to cover personally. K2 Paranormal Research Paranormal does have a stock of equipment to be used on investigations. However, this is team gear, and is not gear to be used by individual investigators on a regular basis. You may be assigned a team EMF meter or full-spectrum camera to run for the evening, but will need to provide your own audio equipment, flashlights, still cameras or other personal gear you choose to use. The suggested basic equipment (not phone apps) are a voice recorder, EMF meter, and a flashlight.
• You will also be required to purchase a K2 Paranormal Research tee-shirt and/or sweatshirt to wear while investigating. So, please consider these costs, as well as the cost of investigation fees, overnight accommodations, gas, and meals while on investigations. We will always attempt to find the most economical places to stay – usually, AirBNBs with enough room for all who attend the investigation so we can share experiences and data after the investigation.
• Investigating the paranormal can be exciting! It can also be very boring. We spend a great deal of time sitting in the dark waiting for something to happen. Often, this is without gaining any anomalous data at all. So, while the thrill of investigating is at least a partial motivation for everyone in the field, please understand that the thrill often comes from being able to bring relief to a frightened client.
• While we do investigate historical sites and public locations, we frequently investigate for residential clients. These clients are often scared and have had to build the courage to reach out to us. For this purpose, it is important that we be always professional. We do like to have fun, and are an easy-going group to be around, but when the work begins, we must remember that we instill confidence in our clients by behaving professionally. Maturity and compassion are two things that are appreciated in our members, and that we feel are beneficial to our clients.
• We are a team who operates based on science. We are seeking proof and feel we should only do so with methods we can validate and present to a heavily scientific community. By calling ourselves a scientific team, we simply mean to differentiate ourselves from teams who lean heavily on the use of psychics during their investigations. We completely debunk an event/experience before considering the paranormal.
• Please consider the fact that we must be seen as credible by our clients. For this reason, we insist that our members arrive at investigations free of any prescriptions or mind/perception altering substances. If you smoke or vape, we ask that you do so in an appropriate location and out of view of the client. Please remember to clean up after yourself at all times.
• Specific positions with K2 Paranormal Research will require different skills. In general, we seek people who are skilled with computers and work well with electronics. While not required, additional consideration will be given to those with web design/graphics skills, professional degrees in areas of science and/or psychology, in-depth knowledge in theology, or experience in the field of paranormal research. If you are currently a member of another team in our area, please understand that I will not entertain your application until you’ve resigned from your current team. K2 Paranormal Research is a firm believer in para-unity and out of respect for the integrity of your current team, and the management in place there.
Ready to apply?A member of K2 Paranormal Research must meet ALL the eligibility criteria listed below: • You must be a MINIMUM of 18 years old. K2 Paranormal Research prefers a member to be least 21 years of age or older. This is due to some of the types of places we investigate.• You must hold a valid driver’s license.• You must own your own insured vehicle.• You must be gainfully employed.• You must live within or near the Middle Tennessee areas.• You must NOT have been convicted of any felonies within the last 10 years.• You must be available weekends for investigations and/or meetings. We try to be as flexible as possible with meeting dates and times. We offer meeting attendance via video and phone.• You must apply as an individual. If you have a partner interested in investigating, they must apply separately.
You must comply with ALL the criteria listed above to qualify for membership in K2 Paranormal Research. Complying with all the above criteria is not a guarantee of admittance into K2 Paranormal Research. Exceptions to the above criteria can be made at the discretion of the Founder and admission committee. Investigations will be planned around everyone’s schedule as much as possible.
If we haven’t scared you off yet, let’s get to that application! Contact us for an application. Your application will be received and reviewed. If you are someone who seems like a good fit with our team, we will contact you for a phone interview and possibly an in-person meeting.